Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Greener Industry: Products from Starch and Cellulose

As I researched further in the green industry site that I mentioned before, I came across several topics, one being about the production of items form starch and cellulose. These products are highly renewable because the starch comes from plants and the cellulose from wood pulp. Starch products include adhesives, paints, drug encapsulation, toothpaste, and wastewater treatment. Cellulose products include photo film, fabric fibres, and spectacle frames. I am highly interested in this topic because I believe that not only is it important to make new technologies to reduce our impact on the earth, but it is just as important to make recyclable, biodegradable, and renewable types of the products we use so often. For the customer, this is such an easy way to help save our world!

1 comment:

Allison said...

hello mica, u must be on right now.